Motorola secretly spies on Droid phone users every 9 minutes, collects personal data

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by asr, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asr

asr Registered Member

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Verizon is been one of Motorola's best customers for the handsets Verizon brands, locks, then retail distributes to it's contract customers. Verizon was my favorite service carrier beginning in 2003. Regularly renewing my 2 year deal routinely.

You know, Verizon Services used to take customer privacy seriously. Not only that but they also offered a nice customer loyalty program enabling customers to upgrade NewEvery2 to the latest handsets at a decent discount.

That was then. Then the past couple maybe 3 years ago they started changing things very unfavorable for loyal customers.

They began to sell off some of their original cellphone towers to other carriers (i presume), and that became quickly apparent in your own travel zones when you knew beforehand where your service deadspots where, then you start to experience more of them. A few, not many, but just enough of them that you became very aware something was going on.

A couple of years ago they slashed the newevery2 discount in half then shortly thereafter discontinued it altogether with no letter of " we're sorry but as of.......". You know the story.

At the close of last year i grew increasingly frustrated with the way Verizon was not even helping their own 611 customer service people who i found to be the best and most helpful folks you could ever want. They even begin to express their own frustrations by recommending other services and better priced devices then Verizon offers.

Then there was the certainty they were being pressured by government to give up info on it's customers, and as it turns out they finally relented and now we all see the results and fallout of that.

That killed it with me. They are history and I've moved on to other carrier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.