Motorola Moto G4 review - Extremely refined

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Mrkvonic, May 6, 2017.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Color me bewildered. To wit, this rather long, thorough and surprisingly enthusiastic review of Motorola Moto G4 Plus mid-range smartphone with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow mobile operating system, covering spec, look & feel, initial setup, Play Store, applications, HERE Maps and offline navigation, multimedia, dual-SIM functionality, fingertip reader testing, camera testing, system settings, customization, security, privacy, performance, battery life, other observations, and more. Have fun.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/motorola-moto-g4-plus-review.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

"Hello Mo-to." Motorola is owned by Lenovo since a couple of years; I had to clean out my computers right away from pre-installed yuck. Did you find this had bloatware? Sorry if this was in the article already, there was a lot of info in there.

Edit: By bloatware, I mean "special" apps that do something on behalf of the maintenance of your device, not frivolous apps that you would ditch anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  3. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Excellent review. Just a few of my opinions -

1. Moto G4 has Snapdragon 617 processor which has heating and lagging issues. So beware of that in the long run.
    2.Your moto g4 should have upgraded to Android 7 Nougat. Which will bring a lot of new functionality.
    3. For customization I would suggest Nova launcher or Smart launcher
    4.You should have bought the G5 plus. Its just a tad more costlier but it has amazing build quality , camera and hardware. The 625 inside g5 plus is the best chip for battery life and performance.
    5.You have installed airdroid which is a good app but it had some security issues in the past. Dont know if that was solved.
    6.You can disable most of the apps you dont want from the application manager.

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Moto has stock android plus a few moto apps . No bloat. The moto app lets you do a handful of tricks like chop twice for flashligh , set a schedule to put phone on silent and such.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Sherlock, yes, there was an upgrade since to Nougat. Got this phone some 5 months back.
    Anyway, so far so good.
    Mrk

6. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Thank you for the information, Sherlock_Holmes.:) This is enough to seriously tempt a dedicated dumb phone user, believe me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.