Most secure registrar

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by meoweth, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meoweth

meoweth Registered Member

I was wondering what registrar is the best to use in terms of being free from US jurisdiction. The domains I have are .com's, which are controlled by the ICANN which means it doesnt matter what registrar I am using in case they want to seize it. However, there is indeed a difference between using Godaddy and a more "independent" registrar. I have found a few on the web, one is safenames.net, I found it from bovada.lv 's who.is, and I also found instra.com, which was firstrowsports.eu 's who.is, both are quite "risky" and I was wondering if it made a difference between these two. Instra is registered in AU, and Safenames is UK.

2. box750

box750 Registered Member

BookMyName and Gandi are both in France regulated by French laws only.

Maybe, instead of a registrar, you should be asking which is the safest country, it doesn't really matter the registrars brand when you are looking at domain seizure, it is the laws of the country they are in what matters.

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Also make sure they have a privacy option that hides your personal details from a whois search.
    Otherwise anybody in web can see your name, address, etc.
    I registered my domain with namerspro.ca which offers this feature for few bucks and one time.
    However, i am located in EU, therefore I was not particularly interested to avoid US/CAN jurisdiction but more to avoid a registrar in my country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.