Most reliable and stable build since V8.0.774?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by the_Wop, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_Wop

the_Wop Registered Member

I know it's only conjecture and opinion, but what has been the most reliable and fastest build since v8.0.774? Opinions appreciated!

2. the_Wop

Bump!!! What's up, nobody has an opinion??

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't use acronis but Someone will be along. You might have to allow for the different time zones of the members.

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I bought 786 and have tried each build upto 826 (which I currently use) - all seem to execute equally speedy. Haven't tried 859 (due to the image mount problem). Will try 889 as soon as I find time to test it. Unfortunately none of the builds work with my main AMD/ASUS A7V133 motherboard system so whenever I need to create an image I have to transfer the disk to my DELL 4600 system where all builds work perfectly well. I've discussed my A7V133 problem in previous threads and have reported it to Acronis however I haven't had the time to follow up the report with all the info and testing Acronis have requested. I know other people are also having problems with ASUS motherboards and keep hoping a fix will come soon. Just wish there were more hours in a day so I could do some more testing!!
    So my vote is for build 826.

5. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I've tried all builds of Acronis from 768 to 889 and they have all run well on my computer (I have never needed to use the image mounting facility so the problem with build 859 did not bother me). Builds 826, 859 and 889 boot CDs don't work at all on my computer (build 800 boot CD did work but not well). I don't expect that future build boot CDs will work on my computer as each new build boot CD seems to be updated for more hardware but otherwise they seem to work the same as the last few that fail on my computer.

I write the images to a second hard drive so the problems some people have reported concerning slow writing & restore times when using USB 2.0 external drives are not an issue for me and I have seen no difference in terms of speed or other aspects between any of the builds. My favourite boot CD is build 774 simply because this boot CD using Linux version 2.4.28 works perfectly whereas boot CDs for builds 826 onwards using Linux version 2.4.30 are totally useless because my computer freezes when I use them.

I have no favourite build of Acronis since build 774 since they all work equally well creating and restoring images provided I use the build 774 boot CD!

6. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

For me 826 worked fine, upgrading to 859 brough the "image corrupt" on mounting, which is documented in various threads and so I reinstalled 826.
    I recently upgraded to 889 with no problems, although it is clear that one or two have experienced speed (or lack of!) problems.

7. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well, I always use the latest build.
    A year ago, I used to backup using DVD media, and sometimes I had corrupted images and sometimes doesn't using the same media.
    Nowadays, I have a second HD, and I had corrupted images twice.But I can restart the backup again and verify it.
    I'm very happy with True Image.
    It's the best backup program years ahead from others companies, and the Acronis Team Support is Excellent.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

8. the_Wop

Thanx for the replies, keep 'em coming!!!

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I very much doubt that there is a single, definitive, answer that covers everyone. As many of us know, it very much depends on each individual's particular hardware combination.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.