More to choose in 2.5?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I see some things removed and simplified, yet I see others options that confuse even more?
    I like all that this new version will do.. however I've never seen the need to scan so many different ways or so many different profiles?

Can someone explain why they would need so many?..... unless thier machine is extremely slow and maybe turn things downo_O?

I see no slowdown even on full max scanning?... wouldn't everyone want to scan to the max if they are going to scan... or does that cause problems in certain situations?

When I updated.. it installed right over the top slick as a whistle.. however after a reboot I notice some of my settings had changed and I basically had to go rebuild my profile again almost from scratch... but thats ok.. at least I didn't have to uninstall the other one and lose everything!

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Full max scanning settings here. Everything at max. No slowdown at all :D

Thanks

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Normally, the detection of potentially dangerous applications is disabled at default settings, because it causes many problems to system administrators (because enabling that option causes detection of certain admin tools as Potentially Dangerous).

4. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

ah.. thanks... good to know...
    It just that new folks think they are supposed to do something with them all since the options are there..... a little explaination.. or even renaming some of the buttons may be good... to reflect their intended use a little better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.