More A-2

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by eyespy, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hi Andreas!
    I've downloaded and am running A-2.
    I'm posting here at Wilders rather than at the A-2 forum for the simple reason that I have to log in to your forum, which I tried unsuccessfully 5-6 times. This is after I logged into the A-2 program itself, than logged in again to configure and update.
    Andreas, I really appreciate the fact that you are offering a new product as many others probably do, but this program has too many log in actions IMHO.
    In addition,
    the trial (free) version is not a full working version.
    I'm a little disappointed at this as well, because we all like to play with the full proggie, even it it's good for only 30 days.
    Since this is a new program, I thought that you would have wanted users and potential customers to try the Full version on a trial basis.
    I'm not un-appreciative, just a little disappointed.

Regards,
    bill :)

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Hi Bill,
    What you call the full working version is the A² Personal.

It is not availble for download at this time.. this information might help on your comments.

You can easily recover your code via http://cc.a-2.org . Just put in your mail address into the User field and click on Code Lost .

>Will A² free be a seperate download (program) to A² Personal?

Yes .

>Or is it that you download A² (trial?) and then it gets upgraded from free version to A² Personal after purchase? Is there a trial period?

To update from a² free to a² personal you have to uninstall a² free and install a² personal. To update from an a² personal 30 day trial version you simply have to purchase a² personal and then do a normal online update .

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Essentially, A2 free isnt what its cracked up to be (As a malware scanner, its excellent, no false positives so far, I really like it) By what I mean, is, that though its free, and it scans very well, and very fast, is its essentially a never ending trial, Its like Downloading TrojanHunter or TDS3, getting to use it with updates forever, just missing its resident protection, and all the other fancy features, which, as a scanner, I expect that, but I was also hoping on A2 personal to release, so I could give it a try, at the moment, I just by-passed the StartCenter (No need for it, simply add a shortcut to the update prog, and the scanner prog itself in the start menu) As I found the start center really un-nessecary in the free version.

4. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

a² is NOT the trial of a² personal. Its a freeware version of a² with the scanner only cause many users out there want to use a freeware scanner that is reliable and updates regulary.

The a² personal trial is available within this week I guess.

5. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Not exactly ;). A few settings (like the language) can only be set in the startcenter :).

6. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Thanks Primrose!
    I'll wait for the "Full Trial Version".
    I did not realise that their was another version in the making!
    Andreas,
    please accept my apologies.

regards,
    bill :)

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Since there's already an a2 thread going on this board over here, and we are in favor of centralizing - this thread is closed from now on.

Please post in the thread mentioned/linked above.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.