MOON SECURE AV version 2

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the insider, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Why the hell i cant edit my last post!?!? I click Edit and nothing happens :rolleyes:

Anyway, XstormX guy doesn't seem to have much clue about antiviruses.
    No offense meant but saying their engine works better than those developed by ESET and Kaspersky. Well, i find that highly unlikely as these two are the most advanced engines currently available on market (we can also count in BitDefender and AVIRA though).
    Also sending stuff to Jotti and then wondering why they aren't picked up by behavior detection systems, well Sherlock, they only work On-Access or shall we say in realtime. Jotti is On-Demand scan.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Unlikely, but not necessarily impossible. :eek:

Why not give it a try & see? I wish someone would (someone with a good test bed of nasties, that is).

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have a spare pc but i dont have the nasties to play with.. otherwise i would do it

4. the insider

the insider Registered Member

in the new version will be a new scanner engine implemented with a speed off 8000 files per second ... can any one tell me if this is significant or just ... o_O

5. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

... very doubtful. :D

6. the insider

the insider Registered Member

.... the benefit of the doubt :cool:

7. bellgamin

Yes!!! While I agree that it is unlikely that Moon is as advanced as its programmer claims, I still do not want to write this AV off until someone gives it a fair test. IMO, a little skepticism is healthy but TOO MUCH skepticism can possibly sound the death knell for a potentially good security app.

Before some folks continue more dissing of Moony, PLEASE someone with a nest of baddies give it a fair test.

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Been tryin out this freebie for the past few days and its actually not too bad imo. No noticeable performance impact and currently using around 35mb of ram. Its easy to use, my only nag is the ugly gui and the inability to resize the window. The only feature that seems to be missing is the ability to schedule scans. It currently has 97,000 signatures in its database. A nice little feature i just noticed is it prompts you to scan removeable drives when inserted.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Detection is worse than bad. So i wouldn't really rely on it...

10. bellgamin

What is the objective basis for your OPINION? Do you have any test data to show us?

11. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Seems very ambitious. Maybe when the finalize their engines, a real virus tester can give them a go.

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I made a quick spin with MoonAV, avast! and AntiVir and the difference was like day and night. I'm talking about very new samples gathered from actual users.
    It's not like AV-Comparatives but it gives a very good idea on how AV is doing its job against actual new crap.

13. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

At the moment it is based on the clamav engine so we know already that its endpoint protection isn't going to be fantastic.

14. L815

L815 Guest

Well you can't expect it to be the same thing. It could be worse or better. To be honest, reading what the programmer had to say about the engines seemed a bit to over-zealous to me. The Av seems like an infant and hes ambitiously praising how great and fast it will be.

I don't doubt it may turn out to be a good product, but until it's cleaned up a bit and runned through a fair share of testing as the other Av's do, I'd leave it as a runner up until the near future :ninja:

15. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I hear the author is A.A. Fussy. Is there any truth to this? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.