Monochrome versus colored laser printer

Discussion in 'hardware' started by aigle, Nov 26, 2016.

1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I had a monochrome laser printer already and now I bought a colored laser printer as well.

Purpose of older monochrome printer was to print, off and on, a lot of study material( in the form of black n white papers in hundreds). The new colored printer is to print colored prints for my kids school books.

My question is that should I still keep the monochrome printer for my black n white prints( that I might do a lot) or just use the colored one for that as well. My impression is that keeping monochrome printer for my study material( black n white prints) will save money as compared to using a single colored printer for all the stuff.

Thanks

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

It all depends on the costs of ink but it my experience that black for monochrome is less expensive than black ink used in color lasers. This is due in part because the cartridges in monochrome are larger.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. So it will be better to keep both printers rather than just one.

4. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Again, that depends on the costs of ink. But in general, I would think it better to keep both - if you have the space.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.