Monitor Died During Restore -- Did It Complete?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jsaffer, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsaffer

jsaffer Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm new to using True Image and I had a situation come up the other day which was unusual that need help with.

I need to do a full restore of my C partition due to Windows being unbootable. The partition size was about 190 gig total with about 50 gigs of data and programs on it. When the restore began, True Image said it would take about 15 hours to complete.

With about five hours to go until the end, my monitor died on me. No picture, nothing. I figured I would try and let the restoration complete by just waiting and doing nothing for 6 more hours.

After 6 hours, the only thing I could figure to do was to turn off the machine manually by pressing and holding the main power button. The computer went off. I was able to get another monitor hooked up the next day and I found that I was able to boot into Windows. It appeared that the restoration had worked okay. I haven't found any problems in running programs, etc. at this point.

So, here are my questions:

1. When a restoration is complete, does True Image automatically reboot into Windows? Or, is there some other button that has to be selected on screen when the restoration is done? I'm trying to get a sense of whether I messed something up by only pressing the power button and turning the machine off when I *estimated* the restoration was complete.

2. Does it usually take like 15 hours or so for a restoration of that size to be done? Is this normal?

Thanks for help on this situation and these questions.

...Jason

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

50 GB? Hmm - 15 hours sounds a bit on the high side, but it depends on where the image was stored. Internal hard disk? External? If external, I would say it was okay.

About the reboot - I can't say what recent versions do. My 6.0 splahes a big "CONGRATULATIONS - You have succeeded in restoring blah blah blah...". From there, you click the Reboot button. I assume that hitting the Big Red Switch works equally well....

3. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

Hi Jason,

1) No auto reboot with v8 either, TI will pop up a confirmation that the process is complete. An operator initiated exit from TI will then proceed with a reboot of the system. Since the process is complete at that point, a hard reset (power button) would accomplish the same thing.

2) When you hit the power button, did you notice if there was any hard disk activity (disk shuttling noise, HD activity LED blinking). If all was quiet, the restoration process was likely complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.