Mom & Dads most embarrassing moments

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Kathyhl, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

We've all had them if we have little ones, and some of them can be hysterical......later ;)

It was just before my daughter turned 5. She started school at 4 because of when her birthday fell, so this was a joke she heard at school, and the first one she ever told me.

We were standing in line at a grocery store, there must have been 4 or 5 people in front of me, and probably more behind me. For the most part, most people don't talk in line, it's quiet, and all of a sudden my 4 year old daughter looks at me and says (rather loudly it seemed) "Mom, do you know why elephants have purple balls?" I only remember my mouth falling open as I looked right at her, and then quickly around to everyone else, and before I could say SHHHH! She said, "so they can hide in the grapes". Everyone in line laughed, and I'm not sure if it was the joke told by my 4 year old, or my face turning beet red, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I've looked back on that a lot and laughed, but what a priceless moment :)

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Kathy
    that was a funny story--kids are so funny sometimes--the things they can come up with are truly precious :D
    rita

3. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Hi ritaann, thanks. Funny stories about innocent little kids and what they do always make me smile or laugh. I think if I had enough stories, I'd write a book :)

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

bet you could write a book from your own experiences-love books about the antics of the little ones :) nothing better than them for sure :)
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.