modem hanging

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Digger, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger

Digger Registered Member

Installed P.G. this week and the dial-up modem wont shut down and keeps our telephone line unavailable. Any suggestions on how to correct this? o_O

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Digger, What version of Process Guard have you installed and what operating system are you running?

I do not like the sound of this. Are you absolutely sure that your system was completely free of malware when you installed Process Guard?

Some diallers will hold your line open if they can.

If you are sure that your machine is clean then I suggest that a driver may be being blocked, in the general tabs disable the "block services / driver install" and try again.

Thanks. Pilli

3. Digger

Digger Registered Member

Have Process Guard v.2.0 on a W2K
    Before installing it, did a complete check with AdAwareSE, Spybot, AVG and
    TrojanHunter - all showed it clean. Even reinstalled most of the C:\Programs in case any were corrupted.

It doesn't happen all the time but must restart the computer to get the phone working again. Unchecked the Block Driver install.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Digger, If you have a registered version then I would wait for the Version 3 release (due very soon) or you could download the public beta available from the Members area.
    Version 3 has an excellent learning mode which picks all your system and resident programs after you first reboot, you can then run all of your trusted programs, add the general allows and reboot again, PG will then adjust the allows etc. one more reboot and learning mode is disabled but your list should then be complete.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.