Mobiwol blocks Muffin Knight (Feint)

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by J_L, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Hello all, I'm a user of Mobiwol on Android 4.1.2 GT-N7000 (no contract). I spent a long time creating a a lot of block rules on anything deemed unwanted or unnecessary for connecting online. So far, nothing is broken, except this new game I installed called Muffin Knight. You see, I like its cross-platform multiplayer feature, but somehow it won't connect without Mobiwol disabled. The application itself is allowed on Mobiwol, and the firewall logs provide no useful info. There's a notification stating that "You are offline, Feint requires an active network connection" though.

My question is: what did I block that is required for Feint? I don't want to go through the whole list and test each entry. Thank you for your time.

Here's my blocklist (excluding third-party apps and games):

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Sounds like a Windows service thingie :0 Can you turn debug mode, connect via USB and run from console to see if it spews errors?
    Mrk

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't see how it has anything to do with a Windows service, my other device connected to the game is an iPod Touch 4g (running iOS 6.1.2). By run debug mode mode from console, do you mean this?

Okay, it's worse than I thought. Even Samsung Kies is affected. I'm going to seriously rewrite those rules.

Even with everything allowed I cannot connect to my Android with other devices. I believe it has something to do with either built-in incoming block rules, or the way the app uses VPN. Anyhow, I'm uninstalling Mobiwol, because there's no point having a firewall you have to sometimes disable for things to work.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I meant, sometimes people disable Windows services, and then two years later, something does not really work, and it's hard to trace all the dependencies. Yes, I meant adb, maybe it can give you a clue what is wrong.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.