Mobile Device Centre, MC50 device driver failed to install

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by BrettF, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrettF

BrettF Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using version Endpoint AntiVirus 5.0.2126.0, Win7 64 bit and 32 bit. When plugging in a symbol MC50 device, mobile device centre will start and try connect but windows fails to install the device so I cannot set up a guest partnership to the device. On windows XP with same Eset version installed it will connect but Win7 will fail. If I uninstall Endpoint AV and reboot, windows will successfully install and connect to the device. As soon as I reinstall Endpoint AV the device can no longer be installed.

I have tried to disable device control but to no avail.

Thanks

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I am not familiar with the Symbol MC50, but it appears to be a ruggedized PDA that connects over a USB connection to the host PC, is that correct? If so, my first thought is Device Control, which you already mentioned you tested.

It is possible the connection for the device is doing something unusual (looping back the TCP/IP connection over localhost or an APIPA address?) which is getting blocked. I would suggest you try disabling the modules in ESET Endpoint Antivirus one-by-one to see if you can further isolate which part of the software is preventing the MC50 from properly connecting.

Once we know which module is involved, we can do some additional troubleshooting to determine what steps can be taken to allow the connection to occur.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. BrettF

BrettF Registered Member

Hi Aryeh,

We went through and disabled/enabled all modules and it is actually the device control module, it just requires reboot after disabling or enabling in order to take effect.

In device manager we get the device appearing as Pocket_PC, but with device control enabled, it will appear error code 10 - unable to start

I can confirm win 8 64 bit doesn't seem to have any problems, its only occuring in win7 32 + 64

Thanks
    Brett

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.