Missing wguard.inf file?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by michaelbenson, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "The file "wguard.inf" on DiamondCS WormGuard Module is needed.
    Type the path where it is located and then click OK"

Is the message i recieve when trying to install WormGuard protection.
    What path do i type in, or are there some missing files in the installation. I just downloaded a trial version of product today and this is the error i am receiving.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. WSF

WSF Guest

Pilli >> is it the case if "winxp system restore" enabled ? not the case if it is turned off already?

Michaelbenson >> Is this the 1st time WG installed and activated protection? and there is on your box a system defence like PG or others alike in your layer defence? For me, I got the same issue even "xp system file restoration" disabled anyway; and finally got it installed properly (hope so) when temporarily turned off PG's protection while activating WG's "live-protection".

?

4. michaelbenson

michaelbenson Registered Member

I have indeed got ProcessGuard installed, as well as AV and Firewall products. I downloaded the wguard.inf file from the link provided above and the installation went along fine now.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

@ Michael. Good I am glad it is working OK.

@WSF, For system restore to work correctly I have the following line in my WG's allowed list: C:\windows\system32\reastore\restrui.exe Note: I have put the default C:\Windows in front of system32 so this path will need changing if your windows is on a different drive and folder. This works for me :D

HTH Pilli.

6. Skank!

Skank! Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.