Missing update info

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by n8chavez, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

For some reason my update info keeps disappearing from NOD32 v2. When I try to update manually I'm asked to re-enter my info. Is 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\Update\Settings\Config000\Settings\' the only key that can change of delete that information? I have addes that key to SSM but U still seem to be having this issue. Any ideas?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Are you speaking of the password n8chavez? Be sure you have entered the info correctly.

If your password info is correct, entered in the correct place, set the update servers to automatic and NOD will update.

I don't use SSM but if I did, NOD would have free and unfettered access to updates.

Problems with NOD updating usually come from firewalls and other security programs. I would look there first if your info is entered correctly in NOD32.

3. n8chavez

I'm saying that after I enter my info, and I update NOD, my infor somehow gets erased the next time I try to manually update and I have to re-enter the info.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. n8chavez

I don't think you're understanding me. I have no problems entering my info and updating NOD. But, for some reason my info keeps getting deleted, possibly by a reg cleaner or something. I need to know if the above key will have control over my info.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes it will and even tho this is probably not your case....in some cases it had to do with the Windows logged on users not having Admin rights to write to that key.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.