missing unallocated space !HELP!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by hell0, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hell0

hell0 Registered Member

i am missing over 50gb worth of unallocated space on my hard drive. in disk manager my 200gb hard drive shows to have 1, 130gb partition(that windowsxp is installed on) and no unallocated space. Disk director, partition magic, and many other partition help software also don't recognize any partitions besides the 130gb. i attempted to zero out my computer to fix teh problem using a killdisk bootdisk. it was able to see the 130gb partition and 60gb unallocated space, and i was also able to zero the entire hard drive into a sinle 200gb unallocated space. Unfortunately, when i put in the windowsxp cd, all the installer could see was 130gb unallocated to load windows onto, i installed windows, and i am exactly back to where i started.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

The partition table on this disk must be really screwed up. If you have DD10, boot from the standalone version and then use it to wipe (zero) the first 64 sectors on the disk and then you should see the full disk size as unallocated space.

Of course, doing this will destroy your existing partitions and installation of Windows XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.