Missing system tray menu?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by haerdalis, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haerdalis

haerdalis Registered Member

Hello.. I'm evaluating this AV, or at least as much as is possible with 3.0.621 (Newer versions aren't available for evaluation).
    One thing I've noticed though.. NOD32 AV doesn't have a system tray menu.

My question is, is it a known bug with .621, or is this how the product really is? It's somewhat annoying to always open the full gui just to do things.

I wonder why there's just the old version to test (In my mind I guess it's because the newer version most likely is worse) and not a real evaluation?

So far this version has led me to believe it's rather good (I'm ex-KAV), but the somewhat big gap in versions makes me think that I might have second thoughts after I eventually buy it.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello haerdalis,

Are you using XP or Vista?

Using XP, Version 621 will show a taskbar menu if the taskbar is not using autohide.

The latest Version 642 works from the taskbar whether you use autohide or not.

3. haerdalis

haerdalis Registered Member

I'm using XP32 sp2, with autohide.. Strange bug indeed. Not to mention annoying.

I had hoped to try nod32 at its current version, but I guess that's off limits.

If it stays as stable om my computer as it currently is (and not too much introduced bugs with the newest version), then I guess I'll soon be a customer. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.