Missing Secure Zone??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Smivvvy, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smivvvy

Smivvvy Guest

Hi,
    I have recently created a secure zone for storing my acronis disc image. All was going well for a few weeks & a few full backups, but now the secure zone has gone missing!. I had created the secure zone on another hard drive & have been backing up my total C: drive. I cannot even format the drive with the secure zone on as windows XP misreports the drive size & does not now appear to recognize the full size of this drive. It's a if the secure zone is still there & taking up disc space, but cannot be accessed or deleted.
    Any ideas how I can re-format the drive & create a new secure zone?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Smivvvy,

Firstly, run TI and try using the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" wizard to remove the SZ.

If that doesn't work then use the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" wizard to create a new SZ on that HD but this time, on the "Size" page of the wizard, click on the slider and move it to the far right i.e. "Maximum Partition Size". Do not opt to activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Create the SZ and reboot your computer.

Once you are back in Windows, run TI again and remove the new SZ via the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" wizard. Once it's removed, you should be able to reformat the HD (if you wish) and create another SZ to the size that you specifically require. Again, I would recommend you do not activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager unless you really can't live without the F11 to boot into recovery mode feature.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.