Missing Q6600 drivers??? after image restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by turbinespaul, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbinespaul

turbinespaul Registered Member

Using TI 9 Build 3887 I used universal restore to install an image made on a AMD based system to a Intel 775 based system with a Q6600 processor. Also the original image was made from a single drive and the restore was made to a RAID 0 array adding the RAID drivers during the restore. All went well but now when I check device manager all 4 CPU cores are listed as without drivers. I then ran the motherboard driver setup CD and that fixed all the other missing device driver issues but not the CPU. Has anyone run into this before and have a fix?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello turbinespaul,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Disk Backup software

We would like to investigate this issue. Could you please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the related information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

3. turbinespaul

Acronis Tech Support Response

The following email response was received from Acronis tech support

"We are afraid to inform you that Windows XP Home Edition is not officially supported by Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation."

"You can still try to enable 'Single Core Mode' in the computer BIOS and try to perform the restore once again."

This is all news to me. I really expect that the same problems would be encountered with XP Professional too.

4. turbinespaul

Support or not, TI 9 has always worked fine in the past with XP Home Edition and I never encountered problems until I tried restoring to SATA drives using the Acronis' restore media. TI 9 supports Windows 98 and ME and it seems silly that XP Home Edition would not be supported.

This problem of the processor cores showing up with yellow flags in device manager after using Universal Restore was easily resolved by uninstalling all cores and restarting.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello turbinespaul,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup software

Let me explain this answer, because I'm believe it was not clear.

Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system is not officially supported due to limitation of the operating system itself and we can not guarantee the possibility to install and use all of the components of Acronis True Image Workstation software. While in most cases we do not expect any issues we still can not claim that this operating system is fully supported.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I want to check it.

Thank you
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.