Missing Operating System

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sreilly, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sreilly

sreilly Registered Member

Hi,
    I've just purchased TI8 and created a boot CD to allow me to image a few of my Linux (FC3) boxes.
    I'm just imaging the first boot partition (~6GB, 56% used, Ext3), hda1, and want to use that image to build other identical systems. The image is sent to a Samba shared drive and appears to be created correctly (~1.3GB in size).
    However when I try to restore the image to a new HD formatted the same as the original HD I always get a "Missing Operating System" error on boot - despite TI giving the impression that all is well.
    If I boot from the Linux rescue CD it can't find the restored OS either so it's not just the boot loader that's missing.
    Any ideas?
    Regards,
    Steve

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hi Steve - I am bit rusty when it comes to Linux & Acronis. Acronis have an utility (AcronisReport.exe) for Windows users, that creates a detailed listing of the boot sectors, partition tables, etc. Armed with that, the fellas at Acronis can often see what is wrong, what is missing, etc.

I would assume, that something similar exists for Linux users, but if so, I don't know where/how to get it, or how to operate it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.