Missing log entry / failure notification

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bluesmith, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesmith

bluesmith Registered Member

Using ATI v9.1, Build 3,534 on Win XP Pro, I have scheduled backup jobs running on weekday evenings, including my credentials to logon to the domain. I backup selected files to a networked drive (which is always mapped). The jobs ran fine until I changed my network password (which I have to do every 30 days) but I didn't update the password in the ATI job.

I expected the job to fail after my password change but I wasn't emailed about it nor does it show in the operations log. I have all the email options checked off except notify on successful completion. I have tested email and it works.

The only place that noted the problem was in the Active Tasks display under the Last Result column, which said "Logon failure..."

So, I have the following questions:

1. Why did the email fail?
    2. Why wasn't this failure noted in the logs?
    3. Since my destination drive is always mapped, can I bypass the part of entering my ID and password, especially since it changes every 30 days? Or do I have to edit my jobs every month with my new password? (doable but annoying)

Thanks!

2. bluesmith

bluesmith Registered Member

No updates on this??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.