Missing log entry / failure notification

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bluesmith, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesmith

bluesmith Registered Member

Using ATI v9.1, Build 3,534 on Win XP Pro, I have scheduled backup jobs running on weekday evenings, including my credentials to logon to the domain. I backup selected files to a networked drive (which is always mapped). The jobs ran fine until I changed my network password (which I have to do every 30 days) but I didn't update the password in the ATI job.

I expected the job to fail after my password change but I wasn't emailed about it nor does it show in the operations log. I have all the email options checked off except notify on successful completion. I have tested email and it works.

The only place that noted the problem was in the Active Tasks display under the Last Result column, which said "Logon failure..."

So, I have the following questions:

1. Why did the email fail?
    2. Why wasn't this failure noted in the logs?
    3. Since my destination drive is always mapped, can I bypass the part of entering my ID and password, especially since it changes every 30 days? Or do I have to edit my jobs every month with my new password? (doable but annoying)

Thanks!

2. bluesmith

bluesmith Registered Member

No updates on this??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.