missing latest backups to restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DJTrancer, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJTrancer

DJTrancer Registered Member

Hi There!
    A little Problem i have is like that:
    I sheduled daily incremental backups with Acronis 11 for months now. After i had some Problems with my system i restored the forelast Backup today... but didnt see that this backup was half a year old!!! Acronis sure made backups, but i can´t find the latest bakups in the list when i want to restore from the Secure zone!
    Please help, where can i search for that. or how to browse the secure zone?

Thanks a lot !

Greetings,
    DJT

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DJT,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I suggest you to get the access to the archives under Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. If the CD also fails to detect the archives, most probably they are not present in Acronis Secure Zone.

Also we can do the following:

Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and attach to your post. Let me know about it via PMs.

Also please let me know the amount of the archives that are seen by the program installed under Windows. I need the entire chain structure, for example:

partition backup: 1 full+5 incremental files
    file backup: 1 full + 3 incremental files

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

I would suggest you rethink your backup strategy. Daily incremental backups for months is asking for grief. If any one of the files in the sequence fails, you have nothing. Make regular, weekly or monthly full backups, and incremental backups every few days or week.

I hear you thinking I need daily backups, but the operating system does not change on such a rapid basis, only the data files do. Use a different system for automatic background backup of data files every hour, minute, or week as you see fit. It takes only moments to restore them if they are in native format, and only the changed files will be copied. Freeware SyncToy or Karen's Replicator will do this just fine, and you users don't even have to know it's happening, nor do you.

A main reason for this, is that recovering data is the work of minutes, while restoring the whole system is much longer, and is much more wasteful of disk space.

Lastly, I would eliminate the secure zone, whose primary purpose is to allow imaging onto the same physical disk that holds the operating system. Put your backup images onto an external hard drive, and don't bother with a secure zone. Try searching secure zone here, and you will see they are very problematic.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.