Missing file after Welchia worm

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by phduffey, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phduffey

phduffey Registered Member

After needing a new hard drive and having eliminated Welchia worm with Symantec's removal tool, When I start TDS-3 I get an error message: Component ntsvc.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid.

Do I need to download TDS-3 again? How do I do that without paying the fee again? :mad:

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Download the evaluation version and install it to the same folder you have your files in now. You might want to save a copy of the database RADIUS.TD3, so you dont have to download it again after installing

The reinstall will install the needed file(s)

3. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

Gavin
    I lost my entire backup system , doesn't that mean I lost the key also?
    If I download TDS3 again will it work without a key or will I just get that trial version?

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Download and install again, if you dont have your keyfile then we will send you another key. Just email us and we will forward your old email on to you

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For this you might like to keep a copy key (of all your registered software keys) on a diskette or burned in a cd-rom! Maybe together with the registration emails which might contain instructions of how to do things.

6. Paul Duffey

Paul Duffey Guest

Gavin & Jooske, I have downloaded the trial version into the same folder as the old one. Now how do I activate the key?

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

How did you do the other time? After installing TDS in the same place where it was, copy the file in the TDS directory and do exactly like in the other time and instructed in the registration email. Might be a renaming or unzipping, not sure how it is sent to you.
    After that start TDS and it should say in the first top line registered to you.

8. phduffey

phduffey Registered Member

Sorry, I am a newbie, totally lacking in karma. I need a step by step. Perhaps if you can resend a copy of my original e-mail instructions, that would help me solve the problem. Paul

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That question i must leave to Gavin or Wayne as they have those, i don't and i know the instructions changed over the years.
    But was there no instruction when your keyfile was resent to you resently what to do with it?
    Open the TDs directory, i don't know where you installed TDS, so think it could be
    c:\program files\TDS-3
    for example
    then there put the keyfile. maybe you have to rename it or unzip, whatever, as instructed in that email.
    after start TDS.
    Maybe it is just changing the file extension tmp into kf, i don't know at the moment (rightclick on the file, choose change name and type the right name as instructed in the email, when ready press enter and after that start TDS).

10. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Just downloading is not enough. Move the file to a tempory folder and run it.
    Then, when asked, tell the setup program the location of your previous installation. If the keyfile is still in that folder, you won't have to do anything anymore, besides updating the radius.td3
    Dolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.