Missing a Virus....

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by 5326_Franklin, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5326_Franklin

5326_Franklin Registered Member

I was running "Malware Byte" (Free Program) and it caught a Virus that got through my Nod 32 Antivirus Program. Question, how could this have happened? And why did I "PAY" for Nod 32 when it did not do its job??

Thank You

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Ok, so once more - does anybody know a security solution that protects against every single threat with no or very few false positives? Another thing is - was the file detected by the mentioned program a real and fully functional threat?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello and welcome to Wilders.

The answer to this kind of question is that NO product detects 100% of the malware that's out there.
    Even if they got names like Norton, Kaspersky, Avast etc.. no not even Malwarebytes unfortunately ;).

And that's why it's always recommended to have a second opinion scanner like Malwarebytes that you already have, wich might detect threats that your real-time protection may miss. And that is what happened in your case I belive.

But of course, it could also be a False-positive detection by Malwarebytes.
    So it would be good if you could give us more info about the detected threat?

5. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hey 5326_Franklin

I can understand your point of view, and in the in the past I had probably posted the same argument. No Antivirus solutions can guarantee you one 100 procent protection. You can consider an antivirus solution as a insurance, it may not, as we know, necessary cover you 100 procent of the time. Why Eset is a good Av in my opinion, is that the have displayed a very stabel detection rate over a long time. It is always wise to have an extra layer of protection besides you AV.

Best Regards and take care :D

NoobStick

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I was about to post the same reaction, but it feels better if it comes from someone official :D

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

1.How do you no its not false positive by mbam.
    2.Eset detects more then missed.
    3.Eset detects where others missed.
    4.IF you believe a AV detects 100 percent then.:eek:
    5.summit samples to eset please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.