Missing a pc

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi - I have 3 computers on a hardwired network using a Linksys router. For some reason one of the pc's has gone MIA - not showing up in network and shared printer screens. I restarted the pc's - also unplugged router & modem, replugged & no change. Connections are secure. What should I try next? Thank you! D :)

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hey Dec, what happened here?

3. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hey GF - as you can see I am having a "moment" with these 3 pc's of mine. I have Cablevision - and the network got hit hard with malware last week - a few of my neighbors (who are not really into fixing pc's) all just bought new pc's due to this barrage of viruses. I got my pc's free of the viruses - but they left their calling cards with some random features missing. Of course Cablevision claim they know nothing about all this - scum that they are. So anyway - any ideas here - this one I hope is simple!
    How u been - enjoy the football yesterday? My best, D:)

4. GlobalForce

Sure, the better teams won. I hope they'll be @ their best when the time comes - I despise blowouts!

As for network, these'll provide a quicker rundown than I can question .... PCWorld and WiseGeek.

5. GlobalForce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.