Missin drives -- 32bit Partition Manager, version 9.5, build 8713 (05.08.09) Personal

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by antdude, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antdude

antdude Registered Member

Hello.

I downloaded, installed, and registered Paragon's 32-bit Partition Manager, version 9.5, build 8713 (05.08.09) Personal into my 32-bit Windows XP Pro. SP2 and SP3 on two machines. I ran into a serious problem:

On both systems, I lost my extra drives for my internal hard disk drives (HDD). One computer had H: and I: and the other one had a E:. Where did they go? I haven't even run the program, only installed it. I hope your software didn't kill my HDD! :(

I did notice %temp%\hotcore2k with three files. What are these and are these related to the drive losses?

I had to uninstall the product to get my drives back.

Thank you in advance. :)

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Reboot should have done it.

3. antdude

Ah, but why does it require a reboot? What is this program doing to require it. A driver? Why remove the drives right after install when user is not ready to reboot?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It doesn't usually do that.

Very rarely, due to some software/hardware combination on your system, it doesn't finish the install properly till a reboot.

5. antdude

Interesting. I was able to reproduce it easily in a clean/naked, updated Windows XP Pro. SP2 (IE6) in VMware Workstation v7.0.1 (256 MB of RAM).

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I have come across it a couple of times on this forum.

It never happened to me - and I've been using Paragon for quite a while - probably have at least 12 Paragon programs at the moment. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.