Missin drives -- 32bit Partition Manager, version 9.5, build 8713 (05.08.09) Personal

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by antdude, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antdude

antdude Registered Member

Hello.

I downloaded, installed, and registered Paragon's 32-bit Partition Manager, version 9.5, build 8713 (05.08.09) Personal into my 32-bit Windows XP Pro. SP2 and SP3 on two machines. I ran into a serious problem:

On both systems, I lost my extra drives for my internal hard disk drives (HDD). One computer had H: and I: and the other one had a E:. Where did they go? I haven't even run the program, only installed it. I hope your software didn't kill my HDD! :(

I did notice %temp%\hotcore2k with three files. What are these and are these related to the drive losses?

I had to uninstall the product to get my drives back.

Thank you in advance. :)

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Reboot should have done it.

3. antdude

Ah, but why does it require a reboot? What is this program doing to require it. A driver? Why remove the drives right after install when user is not ready to reboot?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It doesn't usually do that.

Very rarely, due to some software/hardware combination on your system, it doesn't finish the install properly till a reboot.

5. antdude

Interesting. I was able to reproduce it easily in a clean/naked, updated Windows XP Pro. SP2 (IE6) in VMware Workstation v7.0.1 (256 MB of RAM).

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I have come across it a couple of times on this forum.

It never happened to me - and I've been using Paragon for quite a while - probably have at least 12 Paragon programs at the moment. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.