Mirror server and program updates to v3.0.672

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jasonblake7, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonblake7

jasonblake7 Registered Member

Hi with the release of v3.0.672 of nod32. Is there a way of getting the clients to update to this version from the mirror server. I have the remote admin console and server installed on the same win2003 server. This is also the mirror server for the network. The clients all have Nod32 business edition v 3.0.669 installed.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

thats not possible as far as i know. you could create a new package with .672 file, use your old configuration file and push the new package to clients.

3. jholbrook

jholbrook Registered Member

Yes, this is true. You cannot update the program files automatically from your RA Server. I really like NOD32 but ESET definitely has a lot of work to do to make their management software more enterprise ready.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Actually , with both v2 and v3 it is possible to update the program automatically from the Mirror . All workstations will upgrade to newer version just from the Mirror as long as ESET allows this to happen and pushes Program Component Upgrade . Releasing a program component upgrade can only happen when the most appropriate build is created . Releasing a new build from 3.0.669 to 3.0.672 means that 3.0.669 is not the best and if ESET would have pushed the new version , some people may have had problems.

However , if no upgrade is made and the previous build can detect/remove threats , you really don't need the newer build .

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you are running an active directory environment, the best method I have found is to script up the installation for existing clients to include your configuration file and get everything pointed at your RAS like you want and update your machine image to include a new version with your configuration settings. Then if a new build comes down that you need to upgrade to you can do a package deployment with group policy over the top of what you already have and keep the existing settings.

6. jholbrook

jholbrook Registered Member

Well, I'm thoroughly confused as I spent 30 minutes on the phone with ESET support and they told me flat out - There is no way to do an automatic program update from your Remote Administrator/Mirror Server.

If I can, are there any docs on how to configure this?

Thanks

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As I said ...
    " All workstations will upgrade to newer version just from the Mirror as long as ESET allows this to happen and pushes Program Component Upgrade " and may I add "as long as you have configured the workstations to accept the program component upgrade" . By default they will ask .

ESET decides when PCU is about to be released . If you have installed some of the latest builds and they work OK for you , you really don't need to make any efforts to upgrade to newer version . When the best build gets out and ESET decides to push it , your workstations will be able to benefit from this automatically and from the Mirror.

The general documentation for ESET Remote Administrator available on www.eset.com/download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.