Mirror problems

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Wildblue, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildblue

Wildblue Registered Member

Just bought Eset Nod32 Business edition.
    Downloaded the client, the console and RAS.
    Installed the client on the computer that is going to function as the updateserver. This computer i called Nodserver.
    Installed RAS on computer Nodserver.
    Installed the console RAC on my administrator computer called "Automatisering".
    I read the manuals, a lot of threads on this forum etc. I read everything for 3 complete days but i cannot get the clients to update from the mirror "Nodserver"
    I activated the mirror within RAC, pointed the clients to mirror "Nodserver" etc. I think i tried everything possible now but i cannot get it to work.
    We use a router that is administrated by our provider, we don't have access to this router ourselfes. All ports are closed on this router except the necessary ones for internet and email etc. Could this be the problem? I can add clients to RAC so there must be a good connection between computers and our network is up and running fine. Is the http method dependant of the internetrouter ports being open? I thought for our networktraffic this is not necessary?

Thanks for any answers.

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

First question -- Is the RA update server updating? If so, this points to a client config problem. If not, this points to a mirror problem.

The mirror files are usually here;
    c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\mirror
    but can be moved. In the RA it is Tools/Server options/Updates/ Folder to store mirrored files.

Is the update.ver in there dated from today?

3. Wildblue

Wildblue Registered Member

Thanks for your answer but it is already solved.
    I did a fresh install and now everything works good.
    I do have another question though.
    I installed ERAC (the console) on the antivirusserver because the step by step manual said that this was best practice for inexperienced users. But now that everything is working okay i'd like to install ERAC on my own computer as well.
    Is this okay? Or would it mix things up?

Eric

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

you can install console on your pc aswell, its ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.