Mirc--driver/service -- required?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by fred22, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

hi, i've never seen it react on running mirc(invision)...but atm mirc needs a driver/server install? im not positive about this so i have not allowed install

[DRIVER/SERVICE] g:\chat\mirc.exe [2736] Tried to install a driver/service named
    Thu 30 - 18:53:31 [DRIVER/SERVICE] g:\chat\mirc.exe [2736] Tried to install a driver/service named
    Thu 30 - 18:54:29 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\tds3\ext.sys\execprot.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\windows\explorer.exe" [680]

an feedback pls..thx as usuall :)

Attached Files:

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

from where do you have copy of Mirc?
    That's a very important question when installing programs ... the original copy must not be modified in any way by malware cause once accepted by PG as a legitimate program, it's too late (what the part of processguard concerns)

a lot of programs try to install a driver...it's what you do with the program most of the time (p2p,...)

3. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

Attached Files:

• irc.jpg
      irc.jpg
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Tuggboat

Tuggboat Registered Member

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think this is a normal action on mircs part on every startup. Its how you add scripts and stuff. Its also how a lot of worms get in so I think its good to not allow it to install automatically. If your trying to add addons and they dont install then I'd go to this option temporarily and disable it only at that time. My recollection is from 8 years ago so it could have changed. This is the way I have mine set though is to not allow drivers etc to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.