Minor Conflict w/Spybot?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Carol30, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol30

Carol30 Registered Member

Over the years, whenever there's been an update for Spybot, I check SpywareBlaster afterward, to make sure "all is as it should be". On a very rare occasion, I've had to re-enable SpywareBlaster's protections. I noticed with the last 2 Spybot updates, after immunizing, SB "reports" 1 item in the Restricted Sites disabled. (All items on the Block List remain checked)

FWIW and only as an "experiment", I immunized Spybot a few different times yesterday, only to discover, I get the same results each time. One item in the Restricted Sites continues to be "reported" as disabled, despite the fact I re-enabled SB's protections, just prior to the immunization. Yes, I DO know, I can Immunize Spybot, then re-enable the Restricted Sites, and the problem no longer exists.

My concerns are:
    IF the same is happening with others, and IF they aren't in the habit of checking both applications, they may not be fully protected.

Has anyone else reported this? I can't find any posts/threads regarding this issue, when performing a "search" of the forum. (Or at the Spybot forum) I thought to post at the Spybot forum instead, but frankly, I didn't feel the matter would get any attention. I'm not even sure if it belongs here either. :doubt:

Could this be an isolated issue, where I'm the only one experiencing it? If so, as long I know how to work around it, I don't have a problem with it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated..
    Carol

Fully patched and updated:
    Windows XP/SP 3
    SpywareBlaster v4.2
    Spybot S&D v1.6.2.46

2. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  3. Carol30

Carol30 Registered Member

Thanks ky331...

In one of your responses to Bitman at the Spybot forum, you wrote:

'I simply posted here as an "advisory", so that "the powers that be" --- as well as any users experiencing this conflict --- will have the matter documented on public record. I am not trying to force either program/party to make changes.

We're only talking about one site here, which is not worth debating the pros & cons; my personal preference is to use/combine both programs, re-applying SpywareBlaster after immunizing by SpyBot.
    '

My feelings precisely and I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks again for pointing out the existing threads.
    Carol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.