minimizing/hiding tor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by WSFuser, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I was thinking of using tor for anonymity and after reading a post by Kye-U, I was able to get proxomitron, privoxy, and tor working nicely. but i dont want the tor window to also be minimized. i want it hidden or in the sys tray. how would I go about doing this?

2. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

Hold on, I'm going to write a little tool to help add Tor to the Windows 2000/XP Services ^_^

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

is there anything special u need for running tor as a service or would firedaemon work ok?

4. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Kye-U,

A good informative thread that - I would just raise one issue about the Privoxy settings. If you do a cut-and-paste to put them in Privoxy's configuration files via Notepad, a space gets added to each line which will result in an error message when you start Privoxy. It is therefore necessary to do a Replace, changing "\ " to "\" (leaving out the quotes).

6. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

I have modified my post so that you can download the three modified files and simply overwrite the default files with them ^_^ This will remove any chances of an error in copying/pasting the source code of the files.

Thank you for bringing this up ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.