minimizing/hiding tor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by WSFuser, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I was thinking of using tor for anonymity and after reading a post by Kye-U, I was able to get proxomitron, privoxy, and tor working nicely. but i dont want the tor window to also be minimized. i want it hidden or in the sys tray. how would I go about doing this?

2. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

Hold on, I'm going to write a little tool to help add Tor to the Windows 2000/XP Services ^_^

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

is there anything special u need for running tor as a service or would firedaemon work ok?

4. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Kye-U,

A good informative thread that - I would just raise one issue about the Privoxy settings. If you do a cut-and-paste to put them in Privoxy's configuration files via Notepad, a space gets added to each line which will result in an error message when you start Privoxy. It is therefore necessary to do a Replace, changing "\ " to "\" (leaving out the quotes).

6. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

I have modified my post so that you can download the three modified files and simply overwrite the default files with them ^_^ This will remove any chances of an error in copying/pasting the source code of the files.

Thank you for bringing this up ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.