Milan get Gilardino at last! Monday 18 July, 2005

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by AXIS, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

Milan get Gilardino at last! Monday 18 July, 2005
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Gilardino is now officially a Milan player after he finally completed his transfer from Parma.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the striker for months and talks were only concluded late on Monday night.

"I’m finally a Milan player," Gilardino, 23, told the club’s website. "It’s taken some time to sort out but now I just have to pass a medical. I can’t wait to start training."

The two clubs had been in negotiations at Milan’s Via Turati headquarters all day, but a deal was expected to be reached after Gilardino himself arrived just before 9pm local time.

"Why did I choose Milan? They fascinate me and they are clearly the strongest club in European football," added the Azzurri star.

"There are some great players at this club. This is a fantastic stage for me where I will be given a chance to impress."

There is yet to be an official announcement over the figures involved but Parma are believed to have accepted a fee of around £18m.

Gilardino, who has put pen to paper on a five-year contract, is considered as one of Italy hottest strikers after netting 23 goals in each of his last two League campaigns.

Milan now have one of the most feared attacking line-ups in world football as Gila joins Andriy Shevchenko, Christian Vieri and Pippo Inzaghi.

channel4

2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Yeah right!! What would you expect a player to say about his club after they handed him a gazillion $$. Like they say, 'you can't play the game on paper...it must be done on the pitch'.

Buona fortuna!!

Play on, big ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.