Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pachhu2002, Feb 20, 2008.
Can any one tell me how to migrate nod clients plssssssssss
Hi, others might find this useful as well:
To upgrade client workstations from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 to 3.0, first upgrade ESET Remote Administrator to the latest version:
Download the latest ERA and ERAC from the eset.com web site and install it over the existing installation. You should be prompted during the installation as to what level of data you want to import. Regardless of the level you select, all of your clients will be imported.
To upgrade the clients:
1. First push out an uninstall to the existing 2.7 clients (This is technically not required, but has been found to resolve some 3.0 upgrade issues). You can do this by clicking the ‘Remote Install’ tab -> ‘Install’ button.
2. Select ‘Uninstall ESET Security Products and NOD32 version 2’. Add your clients by dragging them left to right into the main grid. Click ‘Uninstall’. This will require a reboot of all workstations.
3. To install 3.0 on the workstations, first create an installation package by clicking ‘Packages’ from the 'Remote Install' tab. Click ‘Add’ and then click ‘Download from the web’.
4. After downloading the installer package from the web site, you can configure it. You cannot import settings from an old package or an old configuration to apply to a 3.0 installation.
5. Once the package has been configured, click the ‘Install’ button from the ‘Remote Install’ tab and select the new package from the ‘Package’ drop-down menu. Add your clients by dragging them left to right into the main grid. Click the ‘Install’ button.
A Knowledgebase article on this topic is soon to be published, with screenshots and more detail.
Migrate what? Versions....or to a new server?
And if you are happily running v2 NOD32 , why at all upgrade the network to v3 ? Well , there are some pluses , but the overall protection of both versions is equal and that is why IMO it doesn't deserve all the effors to upgrade all clients to v3 . When ESET are about to stop supporting v2 , then it will deserve reinstallations and so on . But now the whole network ...... I personally woudn't do it
Thank you all
Separate names with a comma.