Migrating clients from old to new server

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by CyberSupport, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberSupport

CyberSupport Registered Member

I'm in the process of setting up a new server and trying to get clients to report in to the new server but so far can't seem to make it work. I've changed the policy under remote administration to point to the new server but it doesn't seem to be updating the clients. Followed the knowledge base articles and everything looks right but the clients refuse to update.

Is there something I need to be doing to manually push these settings?

2. CyberSupport

Update: I suck and I hate windows firewall. It wasn't set up to allow the server. What tipped me off was trying to connect to the new server from the old servers console and being unable to. Clients are starting to stream over now.

I did have a question though. For the updated module it has a username and password field under the policy manager. Do these need to be set?

3. CyberSupport

So now I have 4/8 clients that have moved themselves over. For some reason 4 of them just havent moved yet. Trying to find something in common...

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Thank you for the updates. Please keep us posted on whether or not the other 4 computers were able to move over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.