MigrateEasy 6 boot CD problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by stfly, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stfly

stfly Guest

Hi,
    I just installed migrateeasy, my problem is that when I make a boot CD through the software, it burns the CD fine , gives no errors, but when I tey to explore the CD , its empty, CD properties say that there is about 16 MB data on it but nothing's visible on it , neither will it boot, tried to burn about 4 CDs, same problem. Can someone tell me what's wrong ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stfly,

Please note that Acronis bootable rescue media is based on Linux so its files are not recognizad by Microsoft Explorer.

Can you please boot your computer from the created CD and let me know where the boot process stops?

Thank you.

3. stfly

stfly Guest

Hi,
    Yes, it just never loads up, since I setup the CDrom as the only device in BIOS when booting acronis, all I get is a boot failure message. You see, I created an image of the boot cd using Nero, then tried to explore using a couple different software ( ultraiso etc. ) , but they don't report anything on it either, whereas my trueimage 7 & 8 boot CD files are visible on windows explorer and have never given me a boot problem.
    Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Dear stfly,

Can you please let me know why you use Acronis Migrate Easy 6.0 if you have Acronis True Image 7.0 and even the 8.0 version?

As for the boot problem with Acronis Migrate Easy bootable rescue disc can you please let me know the exact error message?

Thank you.

5. stfly

stfly Guest

I probably never read the finer details about migrateeasy functionality, I know now that trueimage does the same job, but that's beside the point, being that migrateeasy's boot CD issue, I tried it on a CDRW too, the error message is just that , a blank screen with " system boot failure " on the top line.

6. Acronis Support

Well... I don't really know what to say.

Acronis Migrate Easy 6.0 is rather old program and if it doesn't work we recommend to upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0 in the first place.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.