Migrated my system to new drive now neither will boot.

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by imjohn, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjohn

imjohn Registered Member

I purchased Migrate Easy 7 and downloaded it yeserday. I then took the upgrade offer for True Image 2009 and downloaded that.
    Today my new drive (WD3000 Raptor) came in and I used Migrate Easy to clone my existing system drive (WD1500 Raptor, both drives are sata) to the new larger drive.
    The program stated that the migration was successful. I powered down and removed the old drive and tired to boot the system. It wouldn't boot. It goes through the normal bootstrap, but stops after Verifying DMI Pool Data. The cursor just sets on the next line blinking (No matter how long I wait.) There's no message of system not found.
    Next I swapped the new drive out and replaced the old one.
    It still won't boot.

My OS is VISTA Ultimate 32

By the way I selected the Automatic Mode (I think it was called) to do the migration.

I tried Tech Support but couldn't get access because all my info is on the other computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DonCorneo

DonCorneo Registered Member

I also bought a bigger drive, downloaded Migrate Easy, but used the "clone" program that came with the WD installation tools.

Until someone with better knowledge answers, have you tried to "read" the HDs on another computer? This way you can verify the data is on the disk and all you may need to do is repair the MBR. You should be able to do that with the disks that came with your laptop or the Windows disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.