Migrate2SSD error

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by mrMuppet, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrMuppet

mrMuppet Registered Member

Hi,

i would like to use my "Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite" including "migrate OS to SSD" with my`german Win8/64 System.

When i start it opens first window "Before you begin..."
    Then "analyzing hardware". And after that "Cannot copy OS to target disk"
    "Unfortunately, due to program error we couldn't copy the OS. The following error has occured: "Invalid operation code"(error code: 0x10093)."

I tried to get info from the german support, but until now they only found out that this (english) version of HD Manager should work with my Windows.

Can you help me?

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Could you please be more specific in the operation you went through, to help you troubleshoot the issue, you need to give a clear understanding of what you went through when you received the error. The other option I would suggest if the source will fit on the destination is to copy partition by partition from the source to the destination.

3. mrMuppet

Ok. I'll try to be more specific.

My system: AMD PhenomII X4 965 Processor 3.4 Ghz with 8GB RAM and 1 TB HD in 2 partitions 500GB each. My SSD is a Samsung 5PA256/US 470-Series.
    I'm running german Win8/64Bit (updated from Win7).

When i start Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite following happens:

1. I have to allow system changes by the programm (Admin mode)
    2. Paragon Title Screen appears
    3. Program opens in expert mode/Main screen
    4. I press "Migrate OS to SSD" button.
    5. Window opens:"Welcome to the Migrate OS to SSD!" This utility will help you...Before begin please note the following: Migration process will delete all data...."
    6. Press Next>
    7. "Analysing hardware" with a rotating "flower" in the middle of the window.
    8. After a second new text: "Cannot copy OS to target disk. The wizard is going to copy: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit Edition on Local Disk (C:), NTFS, 489.1 GB 412GB used to: Disk 0, model SAMSUNG 470 Series SSD ATA Decive, 238.4 GB
    Unfortunately, due to program error we couldn't copy the OS. The following error has occured: "Invalid operation code"(error code: 0x10093).
    Please contact our support at logs@paragon-software.com, or by phone +49 (0) 761- 59 018 201."

Other option "Use al available space for the partition with OS" is greyed out.

Thats all i can tell. I hope its specific enough. ;-)

4. Paragon_Matt

yes sir, that will give me enough to try to replicate your issue, and I will definitely double check.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. Paragon_Matt

Could you also specificy what is the amount of data used on the Source drive, you are attempting to migrate to the SSD.

6. mrMuppet

It was 412GB... but i thought a benefit of using this software is to have a choice which parts of the Source Drive i want to migrate. Because 412 GB would not fit on a 256 GB SSD....

7. Paragon_Matt

That is correct, it's not an issue in the amount of data that you are dealing with, the issue is why you are running into the issue, I am just trying to get as much data as possible, in an attempt to replicate to the issue so I can help you fix it.

8. mrMuppet

The german paragon support gave me the hint to try to boot in Paragon Boot Media Builder Media (from USB).
    Tried it - same error! :-(

9. mrMuppet

I think german support found the issue. My SSD was EFI my OS-disk was MBR. After changing it the software allows me to migrate... hope it works!

10. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Just curious, could you explain in more detail? What do you mean "(U)EFI SSD"? What exactly did you change?

11. mrMuppet

Ok. i mixed it a little bit up... The SSD was GPT-formated and my C:-drive is MBR ... I just had to delete all partitions on the SSD and migrate it to MBR ... then the error as descibed above was gone.
    But now i can't boot the new SSD. When i change boot drive in BIOS or with Paragon Boot Manager i get an error and it tells me to put in an Windows CD and something with /BOOT/...

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Are you using the latest HDM 12 version, the one that is compatible with Windows 8 (16240)? You could also try to "repair" the installation using the Boot Corrector, working from the boot medium.

13. mrMuppet

My migration worked! I had to migrate /boot and than it worked! Thanks alot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.