Migrate OS to SSD, smaller disk

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Sharptsa, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharptsa

Sharptsa Registered Member

Hello,
    I have a problem with the program.
    It tells the target disk has not enough space for the data, so i select what is necessary and i just unpicked "Program Files".
    But when i do "OK", he still tell that there isn't enough space, but normally, it's fine.

A solution ?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

1) w\o entire Program files folder many Windows utils will be unavailable.

2) please note: Windows partition contains hidden files. This is the most common reason when Migrate OS reports not enough free space.
    The second reason is when Windows boot files are stored on another partition with data. In such case these second partition will be copied too with max shrink to get bootable system copy on SSD.

3) check if you have the latest Migrate OS version (check if any updates are available in My Account - My Downloads https://www.paragon-software.com/my-account/products/downloads.htm) or check the build in stubact.log file in program folder.

I would recommend you to exclude only unnecessary program folders from Program files (not the entire folder) and some user data from My Documents

To analyze "real" data size you can use free TreeView program (http://www.treeview.net/tv/download.asp). Simply select your C:\ drive for analysis and select large folders to exclude w\o affecting Windows.

3. Sharptsa

Sharptsa Registered Member

I tried to exclude all unecessary program and it's the same. And i'm sure that the partition is enough small when I exclude.
    But i saw something, when validate it don't analyze again the space available and when I click again to exclude, all "Program Files" is excluded. :eek:

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.