Migrate OS to SSD made my drive disappear?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Slinky22, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinky22

Slinky22 Registered Member

Hi,

So I recently got myself a new laptop, and so I pulled out it's hdd and moved it's OS to a new SSD I bought via my old Desktop computer. That one works fine and is not my problem. My problem is this: I installed OS to SSD on my desktop, which has a Kingston SSDNow 100 in it. Last night, I was in a major rush, and I quickly booted my PC up to grab a file, and when I shut it down, Paragon popped up saying something. Like a fool, I did not read it, and clicked whatever just to make my PC shut down. Now, my SSD does not show up anywhere. I got a *No boot device* the first time I started up this morning. I tried putting it in an external, I have done a barebone install of windows on another HDD just to see if I can see it in storage devices, and I have tried a HDD unlock. All to no avail. Does anyone have any advice on recovery this drive? I have data on there I'd like to get back, but if the means involves loss of data...so be it.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

what is the drive showing up as? unallocated? not formatted? what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.