Migrate OS to SSD larger drive problem

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by bc55, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bc55

bc55 Registered Member

I'm trying to migrate my C: partition ( 95GB ) to a brand new WD Scorpio Black HDD ( not SSD ) with 750GB capacity.

The program tells me the capacity of the new drive is too small for a full migration.

Is it just me, or is there a calculation problem here ?!

Cheers

Sven

2. jplaney

jplaney Registered Member

I am having a similar problem. I am doing a migration that the software says should only take up 55% of the target SSD, but the migration always fails with an error message saying the target drive has run out of free space...

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

@bc55, jplaney

Could you please both provide LOG files via FTP using credentials from the private message?

find LOG files: "PWLOG.TXT", "STUBACT.LOG", "BioNTlog.TXT" and "CDB.LOG", "p2v.LOG" if exists, which are located usually in "C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\[Program Name]\Program" , zipp them and upload to FTP.

BTW : such issues appears when some OEM\Recovery\another OS partition stores Boot files of the selected OS. Then this second partition is also included to the copy scenario to keep copied Windows bootable.

4. Denotte

Denotte Registered Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with my computer. I am trying to migrate my OS win 7 64 bit wich takes about 44 Gb on the HDD to an SSD drive of 128 GB. Everytime i try do this i get the error "No free space (can't create partition of requested size) (error code: 0x10003)"
    How do I fix this? As i understand this has to do with hidden partitions that contain critical boot files but are they bigger than the 70 GB or so that would remain on the SSD?

Greetz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.