Migrate: no suitable hard drive

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by klandingham, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klandingham

klandingham Registered Member

I have an HP HPX16 notebook running Win 7 and I am trying to add an SDD as the system disk and use the existing disk for applications and data.

Internally the HPX16 accomodates only a single hard disk; however I found an adapter/caddy online that allows me to remove the CD/DVD drive and install the SSD in its place, which I have done.

Admin tools/disk management shows the SDD (as device 0 on the controller) along with the existing disk. I have made the disk active, created a volume on the SSD, and also performed a quick NTFS format on it. It has a drive letter assigned to it and appears normally in Windws Explorer; I can write/read files using it.

Now when I run Paragon Migrate OS to SSD, it finds and recognizes the Win 7 installation on the existing, internal drive, but after I choose the installation to migrate it immediately shows "Your system has no suitable hard disk. To migrate OS you need another hard disk or SSD."

Have I set something up incorrectly?

Thanks in advance...

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

It may not recognize that adapter check within Computer Management to
    make sure the drive is recognized in Windows, you can always use something like a USB to SATA adapter to perform the migration then just change out the drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-1&isNodeId=1&Description=sata to usb&x=0&y=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.