Migrate: no suitable hard drive

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by klandingham, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klandingham

klandingham Registered Member

I have an HP HPX16 notebook running Win 7 and I am trying to add an SDD as the system disk and use the existing disk for applications and data.

Internally the HPX16 accomodates only a single hard disk; however I found an adapter/caddy online that allows me to remove the CD/DVD drive and install the SSD in its place, which I have done.

Admin tools/disk management shows the SDD (as device 0 on the controller) along with the existing disk. I have made the disk active, created a volume on the SSD, and also performed a quick NTFS format on it. It has a drive letter assigned to it and appears normally in Windws Explorer; I can write/read files using it.

Now when I run Paragon Migrate OS to SSD, it finds and recognizes the Win 7 installation on the existing, internal drive, but after I choose the installation to migrate it immediately shows "Your system has no suitable hard disk. To migrate OS you need another hard disk or SSD."

Have I set something up incorrectly?

Thanks in advance...

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

It may not recognize that adapter check within Computer Management to
    make sure the drive is recognized in Windows, you can always use something like a USB to SATA adapter to perform the migration then just change out the drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-1&isNodeId=1&Description=sata to usb&x=0&y=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.