Migrate Easy uninstalled by True Image...No warning given

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Snowybear, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowybear

Snowybear Registered Member

I was wondering what the current procedure is regarding your software and what it does. My reason for asking this is simple, I installed the demo of Acronis True Image 9, only to find out that my full version of Migrate Easy 7 had been removed by it, without any information being given or asking me permission if I wanted it removed from my machine.

Is this normal policy for Acronis Products to remove software without warning or is this a small oversight? o_O

I hope you can answer this as I find it quite disturbing, that your software is a bit militant in its ethnic cleansing of older software on my hard disk. I could understand the problem of rival drivers or low level system software having an argument, but I as the user would like some form of warning beforehand before you decide to go chopping bits of my software out of the equation.

Thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Snowybear,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 upgrades Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0, because all the functionality of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 is included into Acronis True Image 8.0 and later versions.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will certainly take your suggestion to implement some kind of a notification (warning message) for such cases into consideration. Probably this enchansment will be implemented in future.

However, you can install your full version of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 once again over the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.