Migrate easy failed twice.

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dmj99, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmj99

dmj99 Registered Member

I'm trying to use migrate easy to clone a 50 GB drive onto an 80 GB drive. Both are IDE and there are no changes to the system. I've read the manual several times and ready every post on this forum dealing with ME so I'm pretty sure I'm doing things right. After the cloning, which proceeded successfully, I shut down the computer and unplugged the drives, hooking up the master cable to my new cloned drive. At boot up, a quick blue screen flashes saying "acronis autopart script file not found." Then the windows hangs at a blue screen (with win xp logo).

I have a dual boot system. Win 98 is on the first primary partition as C:
    WinXP is on a logical drive in an extended partition as G:

Tried doing Fixboot C: and Fixmbr c: (from windows recovery console), but with no relief.

Second time I've run ME and I've had this problem each time. I've used automatic and basically accepted all the defaults. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don.

2. dmj99

dmj99 Registered Member

Solved the problem. I downloaded HDClone 3.1 Free edition. Worked perfectly first time. Slow, but simple and easy to use.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Amazing. I didn't think anything was easier than AME.

4. dmj99

dmj99 Registered Member

I tried ME a total of four times. At first, there was some confusion as to when to shut down the computer, unplug, and switch the drives. The first two times, I shut down at the "congratulations" screen. The next two times, I allowed it to reboot, finish a short script, and then shut down after the "completed" message. Either way, I wound up with a new disk that wouldn't load windows when it was plugged in by itself as master. Not a bios problem, I'm sure. I tried to clone from the bootable CD, but the bootable CD doesn't proceed to the actual operation in the trial edition. Finally gave up and found HDClone. Doesn't have all the features of ME, but it works for me.

Don.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Don,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

If you would like us to investigate the problem with Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.