Migrate Easy - Can it be done

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Pinger, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinger

Pinger Registered Member

Before I purchase Migrate Easy, I need to know the following.. I have read the Online Manual and it doesn't answer the question.. I want to clone and then replace the existing SATA 120 GB HD in my Dell laptop to a larger SATA 250 GB drive. The new drive is fully compatable with my laptop. As I see it, the only way to do this is to put the new drive in an external drive enclosure, and then connect it to the laptop using the USB cable. Will the program clone the existing installed 120 GB drive to the new 250 GB drive in the external drive enclosure connected via USB cable?

2. senator3001

senator3001 Registered Member

This product does not work with USB drives. I am a highly technical person and I have been trying to clone an internal drive to an external via usb for the last couple weeks. Tried every trick in the book but to no avail. Forget what the product description says. I would recommend a Norton solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.