Migrate Easy- Boot Failure

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Stig2602, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stig2602

Stig2602 Guest

Hi there,
    I cloned my 320gb SATA RAID HD's to a 120gb IDE HD (not much info so not full). I tested it with the two systems still attached by changing the boot order in the bios settings and it worked on the second boot attempt (dont know why it didnt work first time as I didnt fix anything).
    Sent the SATA drives away for replacements as they were noisy, but when I tried to boot the IDE HD it hangs on the blue screen with the windows logo.
    I've tried doing a repair install with the XP cd but when I am asked for the administrators password (which I didnt set) and just press enter it goes to C:\
    and nothing more happens.
    I have installed an HD from another computer so I have a working system and the 120gb HD is slaved to that so I can access the info on it.
    Any ideas ??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stig2602,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

The problem appeared because you booted the new system in presence of the old drive (or RAID array in your case). To perform the Repair Installation you need to boot with Windows Installation CD, then choose that you want to install new copy of Windows pressing Enter and then choose that you want to repair the existing copy of Windows pressing R button. The detailed instructions on how to perform the repair installation are described at Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.