Migrate Easy 7 - Will it Work?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by trevvor, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevvor

trevvor Registered Member

I need to clone my existing windows XP pro os and apps and use it as a 2nd os while I rebuild my RAID 0 drives. Question is, will Migrate Easy transfer my os from my SATA RAID 0 drives to an external USB drive? And will I be able to use it as a multiple os? I have TI 9 and tried doing this with the clone option but this does not work because of the difference in device drivers. I don't want to buy Migrate Easy to find out it's the same as TI 9. Has anyone tried this?

Trevor

2. trevvor

trevvor Registered Member

Allright, from other posters, its seems ME is the same function as in TI 9 (good thing I didn't buy it). And it seems others have tried this but with many problems; looks like MS sysprep.exe is needed. What I really want to do is to migrate my exitsting os to the USB drive and use it as a dual boot os with a different drive letter than C:. Is this a possiblity or are all the registry files set to C: and that's the way they're going to stay?

Trevor

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.