Migrate easy 7.0

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by crestview, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crestview

crestview Registered Member

I need help. I successfully cloned my old hdd to my new internal hdd, changed the ide cables and set the master slave settings so my new hard drive is master and when I restart, I just get the windows start up page, nothing else. I went into bios with no luck. tried unplugging old hdd and just running new hdd and same windows start up page. the only way my computer will boot up properly is with the old hdd hooked up as primary, but my computer still acknowledges doth drives. I just want my new 160 gb drive to be in control, my other drive is packed full. Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello crestview,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please remember that in order to clone your Windows system to a different hardware, you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep).

Please take a look at this FAQ article describing how to use this tool.

If the system preparation does not resolve the issue then please create Acronis Report and as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Huh? That MS tool instruction seems only to be needed in the case of different hardware & or network application.

4. BillT

BillT Registered Member

I/ve got the same problem. I apparently successfully cloned my maxtor pata 80gb to a maxtor sata 200gb drive. When I boot on the cloned drive I get to the second xp page of the boot process (the page before the welcome page). I not only did one hd but since I'm updating two identical computers and had another new sata 200 I tried that. Same results. According to all I can find out from MS I don't need the sysprep if I'm upgrading hd's on the same computer. Did you find out what to do?

5. Acronis Support

Hello BillT,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have unplugged one of the drives after the cloning? Please note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

If you have already unplugged on of the drives and the issue still persists then please do the following:

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
    COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If this does not solve the issue with the operating system bootup process then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. BillT

BillT Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the boot fix that you described above. Actually, I tried it three times just to make sure I didn't make a mistake. Each time the results were the same -- it booted to the second WinXP boot window (three bands, top and bottom dark blue, middle light blue with the WinXP logo). One thing that I didn't mention before is that the mouse was loaded and I could move the mouse on the stalled bootup page; however the keyboard was not loaded. As an aside, I tried safe mode again and it booted up past the driver loads and actually went into safe for a second and then immediately jumped back to the second bootup page. I will take your next suggestion and file a report. I've been working on this thing since Friday. Reckon I could have just reinstalled windows and reloaded all my software and files by now. Seriously, if I can figure out how to get this thing working it will be a nice tool.

7. BillT

BillT Registered Member

I forgot to mention in response to your note that I did unplug the original hard drive before booting up. I have spent the last two hours trying to get a form to submit to your tech support. I tried to register my software but the serial number is printed in extremely small print on the outer edge of the CD and is so faint that it is impossibe to distinguish between 8's and B's. In addition, the characters are not set up in groups of five like your example but are arbitarary. You've got the best of me -- I admit defeat, I surrender -- I accept the fact that Acronis has ripped me off for 46 bucks. You're never too old to learn!

8. Acronis Support

Hello BillT,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Please contact us either by submitting a pre-sales question which does not require a serial number or by sending the letter directly to support@acronis.com.

Having submitted the request please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

9. BillT

BillT Registered Member

This response needs to be linked to my first message "Does Migrate Easy 7 Really Work." The answer is YES and is really impressive and quite simple to do-- when you finally figure out how to do it. I spent from last Friday until last night trying to get it to work, get my product registered so I could send a tech support request, applied the suggestion provided me in a previous message. The problem as I see it is that the user guide does not go into enough detail on what to do and what not to do. I have found the following:
    1. partion and format the new disk (already knew that)
    2. use the program that you have installed after you are in Windows to run ME7 instead of the emergency boot disk that you are prompted to make when installing the software and by the user instructions. The reason for this is that the program from windows prompts you to press a key to shut down after the program has done it's thing giving you time to think to uninstall the old hard disk; while the emergency disk shuts down and reboots making the likelyhood that yu don't get the old hard drive unconnected before the computer reboots. And if that happens then you will be able to boot only to the second bootup page and stop.
    3. after the computer has shut down disconnect the old hard drive before you reboot. This is the key. If you don't, the computer will boot to the second windows boot up screen and stall. Your mouse will probably work, but then there is nothing to mouse. In safe mode, the computer may boot all the way into safe or it may stop at the end of the driver installation -- mine stopped at the agp. If it gets all the way into safe mode it will immediately jump back to the second bootup page. I don't know exactly why this happens when the old harddreive is left in but it has to have something to do with bios still reading the old harddrive's boot.
    4. Sit back and be amazed that you finally got it going and watch that desktop pop up then check all your progarms to make sure they work.

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Glad you got it sorted. AME is the best at what it does. I've looked but haven't found anything better.

11. Acronis Support

Hello BillT,

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

12. mattosaur4

mattosaur4 Registered Member

This thread may answer a question I have about Migrate Easy 7.0.

I'm looking at using the Trial version to do a test of cloning a system from an 160gb ATA hard drive to a new 300gb SATA hard drive, to be used on the same hardware. After the clone is complete is Windows going to have the sort of problems mentioned in this post due to SATA hard drive drivers not being installed? Is this perhaps what this user is experiencing is there away around it ?

Thanks, Matt

13. Acronis Support

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please remember that in case you are interested in cloning an IDE (PATA) hard drive to a SATA hard drive then you should use Microsoft System Preparation tool (sysprep) which was mentioned in my first post of the thread, because Windows will need new drivers for new SATA drive. This tool will allow you to reinstall the drivers safely.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

14. sivart123

sivart123 Registered Member

I am so frustrated! I ordered kanguro from tiger direct... it came with migrate 7.0 and IDE... when I was having problems i called kangurroo tech support and they were as helpful as a dead old lady and as friendly as a pissed off skunk. then i called the software developer at migrate easy and all he said was to put my windows boot cd in... and i asked could i call him back if that did not work. I got a no... just email me... well when i emailed him... there was no such email address... i am on day 3 of trying to get this to work... my advice to the makers of this product. GET BETTER TECH SUPPORT... like a FREE CALL TO YOU. I DONT MIND WAITING ON HOLD FOR 3 hours.... just let us call... and make better instructions... what to do in detail.... what not to do.... troubles shooting tips.... The advertisement basically misleads... easy as one two three... i guess that is right easy as one day two day and three day...trying to get it to work... excuse my frustration... i guess thats what happens when you can not get any tech support or help... the customer is all alone left to read thru forums with a bunch of other lost souls just trying to back up there computer hard drive and not getting anywhere... i guess you can post a comment or question and wait on an answer... but the best way for GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE is to let us talk to a person... that can help us clone and run our new hard drives...

If any one is interested... i ran the migrate clones the new hard drive switched it out with the new one and get a blank screen (just like a hundred other people in here) and I do not have a windows boot cd...

did i waste my money? sure would be nice to get some help.... and not a post try this... next day "do this"... two hours later ... go for this...":oops: :gack: o_O :blink: *puppy* :ouch: *puppy* *puppy* o_O o_O o_O

15. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

One off-topic post removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.