Migrate Easy 7.0 - Can I keep files on a destination drive partition?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by hkeiner, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hkeiner

hkeiner Registered Member

I have a PC with an 80GB boot drive (containing Windows XP and my other software) and a 200GB drive (split into 80GB and 110GB [approx.] partitions). I want to make the 200GB my new boot drive and then replace the old 80GB drive with a larger 250GB drive. The 80GB partition in empty and the 110 GB partition contains my personal files.

My question is: Can I migrate the contents of the 80GB boot drive onto the 80GB partition on the 200GB drive without having to delete the existing files on the 110GB partition?

I know I could back-up the files on the 110GB partition to DVDs and then copy them back after the migration, but that would be a lot of work. I know I could migrage the 80GB drive to my new 250GB drive, but I don't want to do that either.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hkeiner,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis Migrate Easy allows you to tranfer the conten of the whole disk to another whole disk only. You cannot migrate the whole old disk to a part of the new one. We are going to implement this feature in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. hkeiner

hkeiner Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Despite this limiation, the software overall is great!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.