Migrate 7 used but I'm confused

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ewest, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewest

ewest Registered Member

I ran the migrate 7 program to move C dribe to new drive and all seemed to go well but computer is still booting to old drive? Do I need to remove old drive or how do i get new drive to become C drive.

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

You need to remove the old hard drive And connect the new hard drive where the old one was. Or you can try to change the BIOS.

You can also try to go into your BIOS by pressing delete during bootup and change the boot order of your hard drives.

Basically what you are doing is "cloning" a hard drive. You can check the "true image" forum for more information. "migrate easy" is a a very basic "image backup" program, you will run into the same problems encountered by it's big brother "true image".

If you are using windows xp, when you boot up with 2 C: drive hard drives connected at the same time, problems usually happen. Usually the cloned drive won't boot up because of drive letter problems. Hopefully this won't affect you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.