Microsofts' Defender..............

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I have Spyware Blaster allready on my system but I thought I should put one or two more anti-spyware programs on. How do you people rate the program? I heard of its predessesor from a recent book on securing your pc by an Andy Walker. He mentioned SpyBot S&D as a very good one too. I had it before but had to uninstall it cuz might have messed with my ATI tv tuner software. I may re-download it again. Thanks for help and info.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

just out of curiosity why do you need or want so many spyware programs??

3. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Well this book I was reading the author wrote that some its good to have at least 2 good anti-spyware programs on at the same time so as to overlap the gaps in each program since not all programs will get every thing. He said that even 3 programs may not be overkill. If it really isn't and it won't hurt anything or slow my pc down much I figured I'd give it a try.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

SuperAntispyware free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.